From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:37:09 +1000
Checking the CD reviews at Musicweb, I found one for the classic
Munch version of Piston's 6th on a label called Haydn House.  A link
(http://www.haydnhouse.com/home.htm) led me to a site almost guaranteed
to bring a wide grin to the face of this or any other veteran collector:
LP to CD transfers of Dorati's Heldenleben, Church Windows, the mono
Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty for starters, a swag of Max Goberman Haydn
symphonies, stuff from all sorts of labels I'd all but given up seeing
on CD. I know that anyone with a burner and a lot of patience can try
doing LP-CD transfers but if someone's already done them and better than
you can, why bother?  They also ask for suggestions for future releases.
Top of my list is Dorati's Minneapolis Copland 3rd.

Before writing this post, I checked the archives and Classical Net
in case I'd missed a mention of this site, but came up with nothing.
A friend I called to read a few release details to expects to have
recovered from the shock by the weekend.

Richard Pennycuick