From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:22:50 -0500
Len Fehskens on repeats:

>It's a "fact" that repeats necessarily mean this? So, an architect who
>repeats a motif is lazy or suffering a lapse in the creative process?
>Repetition is never a legitimate structural device?

Len is right, I believe.  Another point:  anybody who teaches knows the
importance of repetition in getting the message understood.  As some
preacher is supposed to have said:  first I tell them what I am going to
tell them, then I tell them, then I tell them what I have told them.

Professor Bernard Chasan
Physics Department, Boston University