From:
Roberto Strappafelci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:16:27 +0100
Mozart and Beethoven are old pedants, the stupidity of preceding years
took pleasure in it; only after Rossini we know what melody is.  Fidelio
is rubbish: no-one knows why we take the trouble of going and listening
to it, to be bored.

The above, spreading around 1816, combined with the present topic, just
reinforces my feeling that history won't teach us nothing.  But then, when
Altavista.com believes that Ave Maria is an avenue somewhere in the world,
I really start wondering a little.

As for to what kind of music Mozart would have been composing if he hadn't
knocked his head against the corner of the table, or whatever else
happened, I'll submit the old saying that if my grandpa had had four
wheels, he would have been a cart instead.

Roberto Strappafelci (who really thinks we live in strange days)