From:
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:52:39 -0800
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>If the Fundamental Repeaters consider Steve Schwartz's Kazoo Eroica too
>frivolous an example - though I for one would pay at least a sou or two
>to hear such a thing - how about this one I gave to Jocelyn Wang in a
>private post?
>
>I once heard the Schubert C Major Quartet, performed of necessity in
>a cavernous cathedral as part of a memorial service.  It was given with
>all repeats intact by a top-class groups of players, and the results were
>...  well, unpalatable to put it mildly.

In that private email, you eventually pointed out that the reason it was
unpalatable was that the accoustics of the venue motivated the performers
to play the piece at a considerably slower tempo.  The problem, therefore,
was not the repeats, but the fact that the performers chose a work that was
not suitable for the performing space.  They should have made a wiser
choice.

-Jocelyn Wang
Culver Chamber Music Series
Come see our web page: www.bigfoot.com/~CulverMusic