From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:14:46 -0500
Chris Bonds writes:

>Henry Pleasants, an American music critic who tried to dispel the notion
>that jazz was not "serious" music, has died.  He was 89.

Pleasants's overt reputation as a writer and critic was no greater than
his covert reputation as one of the US's most experienced and senior
intelligence operatives here in Europe.  Indeed, I can't think of a
musicologist-spy to match the class of Henry Pleasants.  Can anyone?

Denis Fodor                     Internet:100766.2076@compuserve com