From:
Joe Hagedorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:37:56 -0500
So for good clarinet works we have Brahms, Briccialdi, Copland, Corigliano,
Crusell, Finzi, Fuchs, Krommer, Mozart, Nielsen, Reicha, Stanford,
Stravinsky and Weber? What CD's are worth picking up?

I have a CD of Mozart's KV 439b Divertimenti for Clarinets and Basset horn.
I like these and I swear you can hear parts of Eine Kleine Nachtmusic and
The Marriage of Figaro in them.  I need Mozart's other chamber music.  What
recordings are good? Were the clarinets of Mozart's time very different
from modern ones?

It seems like every time I turn on the radio they're playing one of Weber's
Clarinet Works.  This seems a very strange coincidence to me because
Weber's my favorite composer and the clarinet is my favorite insrument.
Weber isn't a very popular composer any more either.  It seems he is most
popular with other composers.  Wagner and Berlioz thought very highly of
him.

Joe Hagedorn