From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 01:28:23 -0600
Dave Gustafson wrote:

>I am looking to purchase (if it's not too expensive) the autobiography of
>Carl Ditters von Dittersdorf. I have had no luck from Amazon.com or Barnes
>and Noble. Any suggestions?  I'm also looking for a book about the French
>composer Louise Farenc. Thanks,

*auto* biography, i.e. a book written by the composer about himself? I am
not sure that such a thing exists, and if so, it would be rare indeed.  I
know of no composer who left an autobiography, although one might call some
of the writings of such figures as Wagner and Berlioz autobiographical.
That kind of thing is usually left to retired performers.

Kevin