From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:15:47 -0500
Recently I heard a cello concerto on the radio (wgbh) by a Baroque
Neopolitan composer named Leo (last name!!) The soloist was Bylesma,
playing with the Tafelmusic group, and it was on a Canadian label I didn't
catch- along with five others cello concerti.  It was fascinating, complex,
beautiful music -not a just a rerun of what I think of as the usual Italian
Baroque.  I commend it to Baroque enthusiasts as well as passersby like me.
Does anyone know something about this Leo fellow?

Professor Bernard Chasan
Physics Department, Boston University