From:
Ralf Oehlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:02:48 -0500
Impressed by Gunter Wands latest Bruckner recordings with the BPO and
his Brahms cycle I asked myself what we can still expect from him in the
future.

All of his recordings of the last 5 years were excellent, some even seem to
me as the best available (especially Bruckners 4th and 9th with the BPO).

Wand must be almost 90 years old.  What about his state of health - is he
still conducting? Do you know whether he did more performances with the BPO
wich are still to be released?

Ralf Oehlmann