From:
Nick Perovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:05:13 -0500
Joseph Sowa wrote:

>Some will be dismayed at my exclusion of Mozart.  I concede that his music
>is _perfectly_ crafted.  However, at the risk of sounding biased, very
>little manages to go beyond the superficial level in terms of emotion.

Oh, dear.

The slow movement of the A major piano concerto K. 488 or the whole of the
c minor piano concerto? The g minor quintet? The laments of the Countess
or Pamina? Oh, well, there is no use multiplying instances when the list
is almost endless.  I suppose someone could be excused for confusing
non-existence in music with what he can't hear if there's no one around
to let him in on what he's missing.  Hard to make that case here.

Nick