From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:31:44 +1100
Bob Zeidler, on Schuman's Violin Concerto:

>That Zukofsky/Tilson Thomas LP had Ruggles's "Sun Treader" as its
>discmate.  Unfortunately, while "Sun Treader" has made it to CD (in
>a different coupling), the Schuman hasn't.

My LP of the Ruggles has Ives' Three Places in New England; the Schuman
on LP was coupled with Piston's 2nd symphony.  In the early 90s, DG had
a short-lived CD series called Twentieth Century Classics which included
one containing Sun Treader, the Schuman concerto and the Piston symphony.
In a later incarnation, the Schuman has been dropped.  Bad decision,
imo.

Richard Pennycuick