From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:49:29 +0000
There are a few attributes of Poulenc's music that I greatly appreciate:

1.  The scent of sex often hovers over his music.
2.  The brittle/fragile nature of his music is very enticing.
3.  There are always unexpected turns and surprises (as Robert Stumpf
pointed out).
4.  Poulenc wrote gorgeous melodies at will.
5.  His love of life and vitality comes through so strongly in his music.
I get the sense that simply breathing the air inspired the man.

Don Satz