From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:19:09 +1000
Nick Carver:

>Listened last night to Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez" (Naxos with
>Norbert Kraft).  This morning popped in a jazz version, Jim Hall's
>"Concierto" on Sony (reissued CTI recording from the '70s).

It's nice to know there are other Listers with jazz collections.  I'd
forgotten all about this record and I thank Nick for mentioning it - time
to give it an airing.

So that Dave doesn't spike this as irrelevant, I was playing William
Schuman's 3rd the other day and was again struck by the similarity of his
brass writing to some of the Stan Kenton stuff I grew up with (that gets
heard in my place too once in a while).  Peanut Vendor, anyone?

Richard Pennycuick