From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:19:42 -0400
Mike Leghorn writes:

>One time, though, when I did have the windows open, I was stopped at a
>stop light at a busy intersection, and I was blasting the first movement
>of Nielsen's 2nd Symphony.  I think I noticed some heads turning.

This happened to me once with the coda of the Saint-Saens 3rd ("Organ")
Symphony.

My favorite incident of this type was when a young kid in a jeep
pulled up alongside me (in my Nissan 300ZX with Bose system), with some
obnoxious rap "tune" turned up high.  I was listening to the Brahms 1st
at the time, so I cranked it all the way up, the light changed, and I
left him in my dust.

Terribly juvenile, but no less satisfying.

len.