From:
Roberto Strappafelci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 15:33:19 +0100
Steve asks himself, aloud:

>"Which is better, blue or green?"

Well, the answer is not as simple as it may appear.  I would file it in the
"who are we? And where do we come from?" category.

As long as goods are concerned, I'd say it's a matter of taste.  But
when it comes to the arts we need to observe some rules.  We can contest
explicit ones (we usually do it, don't we?), but we cannot contest implicit
ones.  Our day-to-day existence is filled with implicit rules, either.

As long as music is concerned, no, I would not say it is only a matter of
taste.  Otherwise, could anyone explain what ART is all about?

Roberto Strappafelci