From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:50:38 -0400
Lizst's transcription of Schubert's Valse Caprice No. 6 -- track 9 on
the Horowitz in Moscow CD -- is a great piece of music.  I heard it on
the radio today for the first time in years, and was reminded that at
one point I wanted to look into these pieces deeper some day.

That day has come.  Can anyone tell me how many of Schubert's works that
Lizst transposed?  Is there a CD out there devoted to this genre?  What
other works did Lizst transpose?  There's a a box of piano transcriptions
of Beethoven's symphonies out there (Zimmerman?  Katsaris?).  Did all
of these transcriptions come from Lizst?  I was under the possible
misimpression that Lizst did only a part of B5.  Any opinions on this
box?

Mitch Friedfeld