From:
Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:16:28 +1100
This is an advanced note about a collision between Wagner & Australia which
will take place in February 2003:

The Perth (Western Australia) International Arts Festival's 50th
Golden Anniversary program is going to end with a massive staging of
"Gotterdammerung" in what is billed as the world's first ever outdoor,
statewide production.  From my reading of the press release, this staging
will be a multimedia extravaganza somewhat derivative of the live TV
"Tosca" of about a decade back, with scenes backdropped by live locations
from around the state; although the actual performance will be perfectly
>live<.

These performances will be officially announced in May; but a forward
press release was sent out to people on some Australian music lists (&
elsewhere?) in the hope of attracting attention amongst the international
Wagner community.  Resending the full PR seemed a little close to spam for
my personal tastes; so anyone who wants a copy should contact me at the
return email address.

(The festival's website (www.perthfestival.com.au) is still filled with the
2002 program only at this stage, of course - until May, this performance
won't offically exist...)

Live in peace
endeavour2 project
<http://www.geocities.com/robtclements/endeavour2.html>