From:
Mark Ehlert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 12:07:55 -0600
From: Bob Draper

>The reply was unequivocal "no way you hire cds not booklets".  I told
>them that the CDs were useless without a synopsis and libretto.  To which,
>the librarian said "My friends listen without a libretto you don't need it
>- no refund" "There was no libretto in it when we got it" Ha Ha, a full
>price L'ouseau lyre cd with no booklet.
>
>Who's crazy me or them? Any views?

I work at an academic library as a music cataloger.  All I can say is that
whoever cataloged "Esther" didn't do their job:  they didn't inspect the
contents of the work well enough (if at all).  Blame could also be put on
whoever processed the CD or the quality control personnel for not catching
the mistake before it was shelved for the public.

One remedy which comes to mind would be to have the library retrieve
another copy of this work via interlibrary loan, photocopy that libretto,
bind the copy, and shelve it with the CD-ohne-booklet.  Of course with
libraries being so tight- fisted about spending money on such "small
matters," I doubt action will be taken anytime soon.

Mark K. Ehlert