From:
William Jenks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:46:03 -0600
I have a 5 year old son whose modest CD collection consists almost
entirely of Raffi and classical disks of things he's heard performed live
or otherwise had an interest in.  (Peter & the Wolf, Nutcracker, Young
Person's Guide, etc., etc.)

He wants a copy of The Magic Flute, and I'm happy to accommodate him.  He
had a version of the story read to him at a "thematic" birthday party, but
he didn't actually hear any of the music.  But he claims to like Mozart (at
least as much as Raffi), so I'll pop for it.:-)

Can anyone recommend a nice version sung in English translation? I know
that's anathema to a lot of folks, but he's interested in the story as well
as the music, and not old enough to appreciate either German or translated
liner notes.

Thanks,
William Jenks