From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:10:16 -0500
Tom Connor wrote:

>Walter Meyer wrote:
>
>>Did Ron have trouble with the last track on the first CD of the Judas
>>Maccabeus? It had horrible noises and on one of my players simply stopped
>>in mid track, and the problem was not attributable to spots or dirt on the
>>CD.  It it's the only track of the many CDs I think I'll just live with the
>>situation.  Also, I don't know whether Berkshire could or would correct the
>>matter.
>
>The second disk of my Haydn Seasons on Brilliant seems to have done the
>same thing.  Wouldn't play the first track.  I emailed Berkshire and was
>impressed with the response.  I got an email the next day saying they were
>sending a replacement.  Don't bother returning the problem CD.

Taking my cue from Tom, I e-mailed my problem to Berkshire and got an
immediate response advising me that they would have a response for me
"ASAP".  That was ten days ago.  I still haven't heard from them.

I've experienced similar problems with their 20-CD set of J.S. Bach's
complete organ works.  I haven't heard all the CDs yet (I still have two
more to go) and so far it's only occurred on one or two track(s) on each of
two disks.  I haven't notified Berkshire about this yet, and don't know if
I will.

Even if I don't fare as well w/ Berkshire as Tom did (which I strongly
suspect at this time), at US$2.00 per CD of well performed music that has
been to a large extent unfamiliar to me, I guess I don't have much basis
for complaint.

Walter Meyer