From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:09:39 -0400
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Some time ago, there was interest regarding the compositions of Dinu
>Lipatti.  I found yesterday, in a recent Daedalus catalog 2 discs devoted
>to his music.  The first includes Satrarii, Concertino in Classical Style,
>Symphone Concertante, Four Songs with Lipatti, Cluj Phil.  Symph.  Orch.,
>Cluj-Napoca Concervatory Orch, Emil Simon and Barbu Casiu (conductors).
>Seven Seas Label 97163 ...
>
>Both of these discs are cutouts offered regularly at $17.00 and marked to
>$5.98.  I don't know this music, but ordered them yesterday and am looking
>forward to hearing them.  Can anyone comment on these works and/or
>recordings??

Did see the recordings on the Daedalus catalog, but I haven't heard them.
The Concertino in Classical Style is a delightful and original work and
Lipatti made two recordings of it which can be found on the Archiphon 2-CD
set "Lipatti - Les Inedits" and on a Dante-Lys' Historical Piano Collection
2-CD set (one recording on each).  Both sets are indispensable for Lipatti
collectors (the latter contains his recordings of Enescu's sonatas with the
composer).

Ramon Khalona
Carlsbad, California