From:
Vicente Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:59:20 +0200
First: Everyone is free of feeling whatever listening Verklarte Nacht.
I suposse that many people would like a beautiful and happy history with
a happy end.  But ovbiously the situation is far from being imposible
(fortunately not frecuent) and the emotional charge very heavy, as heavy
as to deserve a translation to music.  When I first listened this piece I
knew the story.  And inmediatly I became caught by the music.  You can feel
the anguish of the situation in first movement and the evolution of the
feelings of the man in the second.  The happy end come in the third.  Some
lister said it was sick, well I wouldn't dare to say that a man who forgive
is a sick man (just the opposite).  Anyway everyone has his own nausea
threshold, I try to keep mine high, I don't like to get sick.  Having and
open mind helps.

Vicente Martin