From:
Jun Qian SLA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:00:02 -0700
Hi, there!  Please forgive my ignorance of some of the composers and
lots of works included in Hyperion's CD series called "Romantic Piano
Concertos".  (They have a new series "Romantic Vionin Concerots" coming
out as well) I would like to hear from knowledgable list members their
opinions on the selection of pieces as well as the quality of performances
of this series, particularly the early volumes of the series which featured
Medtner, Arensky, Rimsky-korsakov, Balekirev et.  al..  As I have mentioned
that I am not familiar with the works presented on these discs, it will be
extremely helpful if identification of styles and comparison with other
better known works of this genre can be provided.  And of course
recommendations of "preferred" versions will also be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Jun