From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:53:32 PST
I was sorry to hear of Gulda's death.  It's just in recent months that I
have been getting into his recorded performances.  I like his Well Tempered
Clavier very much - highly distinctive and artistic.  I'll probably go next
for his recordings in the Philips Great Pianist series.

Speaking of that series, I initially thought that I wouldn't be acquiring
any of it, but I changed gears a little and I'm glad I did.  So far, I have
the two Tureck volumes and the Yudina volume - they are terrific.  How much
further I can go into this series is questionable since I'm now on a more
limited budget which I'm handling emotionally better than I thought I
would.  I did all my worrying before my wife quit her job to devote her
time to THE dissertation.  That's the way I generally process bad times
ahead.

Don Satz