From:
Jim Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 21:43:01 EDT
I've heard Gardiner's recording, and it is exhilirating.  But I live with
Marriner's.  The choral work is brisk and clear, with tempi not much slower
than Gardiner.  But the ASMF don't sound like they're working so hard.
They're really having fun.  Also, it's hard for me to imagine a better
Hanne than Edith Mathis or a Simon that D.  Fischer-Dieskau.  The sound
is excellent, and it comes at half the price of Gardiner's set.