From:
Thomas Heilman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 08:04:48 -0500
Deryk Barker writes of the Mravinsky Bruckner 8:

>My copy has a big "12" in the lower RH corner, so it's obviously volume
>12 of the M edition.  The only catalog number I can find is on the disc
>itself: BVCX-4012 (74321-45881-2).
>
>The disc is obviously produced in Japan, has the Melodiya logo all ver it,
>plus BMG....picked it up in Vancouver and it wasnae cheap.

Thank you, Deryk.  I shall search high and low, left and right for it.
May in the end just purchase the 10cd set, which by the way, is on sale
at EveryCD for $47.73, and at CDConnection for $82.73!  Pretty amazing!
EveryCd, of course, demands a membership fee of $40.00, and their
turnaround time is not the quickest, but I have certainly gotten my $40
00 worth out of them.

By the way, Berkshire has the Mravinsky\Leningrad\Bruckner 9 for just
$1.99 U.S.  This is a lovely reading recorded live, 1980.  Lots of coughs,
but do we really want to extend our discussion of concert courtesy to live
recordings? Do we, Dave? [Fine by me.  I'm sure Janos will have something
inconsistent to say on the subject.  -Dave]

Finally, has anyone who orders from Berkshire regularly noted the huge
improvement in their turnaround time on orders? I used to wait nearly
three weeks.  My last two orders arrived within five days of my request.

Thomas Heilman