From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:18:16 -0400
Martin Nickison II wrote:

>Telarc are nice, but I have the Kuznel/Cincinnati of Copland's music, and
>"Fanfare for the Common Man" was so loud, that the typanni part destroyed
>my Cambridge Soundworks speakers AND my Sony reciever.....so, be careful.

I find it hard to believe that the disc destroyed your receiver.  Cranking
up the volume might cause distortion if the amp overloaded -- but it
wouldn't cause it to blow.

And to blow out a set of speakers with just tympani -- man you must have
cranked those up past pain level.

You didn'thave a lightning strike power surge while all this was going on?

Skeptically,

Eric