From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:27:51 PDT
Billy Kitson wrote:

>..."loving" someone's "Musical Output" is "Blurry ridiculous" - I had the
>daft idea one "loved" a person, preferably alive?  I enjoy some of WAM's
>Music, I like some, But "love" is the MOST INappropriate word to describe
>my relationship with sounds and written notes, etc...

When I first joined the list, I felt very awkward using the "love" word
to denote my strong positive feelings about a particular work or body
of works.  But, I went ahead and now have no problem using it at all.

Is it appropriate? Why not? There's no law against it, and common usage is
on the side of using it for more than "people".  For me, the word "love" is
fine for anybody or anything I have strong positive feelings about and want
to engage in frequently.

Don Satz