From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:07:40 +0000
Davis seems to miss much of what the music is all about.  I prefer
Bernstein in New York or Beecham with the Royal Phil. Bernstein is
dramatic whilst Beecham is delightful.  Unfortunately neither is currently
available from H&B Direct (my on line source for discs).  We can hope
that the Beecham will surface in a future GROC issue.  I cannot believe
that SONY will leave the Bernstein out of the catalogue for long. Either
may be available in Europe or Japan.

Stumpf