From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:16:37 +1000
Every time someone mentions a CD price, whether it's a complaint about how
expensive an $18 disc is in the US, or an el cheapo for a couple of quid in
a shop in London, those of us who don't regularly use the quoted currency
have to do some calculations so that the information has meaning.

I've found it convenient in discussing such things with people who live
elsewhere to coin the Naxos as a currency unit.  In Australia, midprice is
about 2 Naxoses, full price about 3 Naxoses, some vilely expensive labels
about 3.5 Naxoses.  I imagine a similar situation applies in most places.
This gives a comparison that's immediately relevant.

Worth a try?

Richard Pennycuick

 [Works for the US too.  -Dave]