From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:19:27 +0000
Richard Ujvary writes:

>You know maybe we'd be better off taking that money earmarked for the
>NPR station and giving it to a pre-school or elementary school in one's
>community.

Good luck with this proposition.  I think that the American public is just
as skeptical of public school expenditures as public monies for the Arts.

I don't listen much to radio of any type programming, but there's nothing
which mandates that public radio must play classical music in order to
serve the public well.  As for the "Car Talk" show that seems to be not
loved by one and all, I think it's a scream and one of the few programs
on either radio or t.v.  that keeps me laughing.

Don Satz