From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:50:32 +0000
Deryk Barker writes:

>I'm sure you'll enjoy the quartets - I did and you can read my review on
>Dave's site....

I thank Deryk for his excellent review and just wanted to add my name
to the list of folks who have found Marx's String Quartets disc thoroughly
rewarding.  I've noticed that in the local Borders this ASV disc is
routinely ordered and quickly bought.  The composer's last name probably
doesn't hurt either.  However, I haven't seen "Nature Trilogy" in the
stacks yet.

Around the same time I acquired the Marx String Quartets disc, I got
another ASV chamber music disc with the works of Karl Goldmark.  That's
also a fine disc for one's music library.

Don Satz