From:
Gary Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:19:00 +0900
Kubliek's set is decent, but you can save a little money and get a much
better set I think, but going with Istvan Kertesz's set on Decca.  It is
a wonderful set, and his middle symphonies are particularly enjoyable.
Dvorak's symphonies are some of my favorites.

If you want to try some a nice modern performance on symphony 8 try Takashi
Asahina and the Osaka Philharmonic on Exton.  Which is probaby hard to find
outside of Japan, but well worth it if you can.

Hope it helps.

Gary
Niigata, Japan