From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:02:05 -0500
Rodrigo wrote:

>I started really liking Prokofiev when I heard Sonata #8, namely 3rd
>movement.  The 3rd movement of the 7th Sonata is absolutely fantastic, may
>I say, psycadelic, and extremelly loud for sure!  Although, I found the 8th
>Sonata much richer in textures, from the slow but harmonically deep 1st
>movement, to the strong 3rd movement.

Well....  i agree with the exception of the Love for three oranges (i don't
like singing theater).  Did you listen yet the 3 movement of the second
piano sonata? the first mov of the 5 piano sonata?.  The first piano
concerto?.The sarcasms?.  The Romeo and Julliet ballet?.  They are great.
God luck in your musical relation with Prokofieff.

Gerardo:.