From:
Bruno Galeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:32:24 +0100
I have all of them on the "Great British Composers" series (EMI) conducted
by Sir Adrian Boult.  I've also seen they were reissued in a single box set
and I was wondering if they were remastered with a better sound?

I'd also like to buy more recent recordings for these symphonies.  I have
some of them on Naxos (3,5,7 and 8) with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
and they are really nice but not great.  I have also the Sinfonia Antartica
on Chandos with Bryden Thomson and the LSO.  It is an excellent recording
except for the organ which is too distant.

So, could you recommend me complete, recent and great recordings for
Vaughan Williams symphonies?

Will Richard Hickox record the complete series on Chandos? Thanks, Regards,

Bruno Galeron