From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:38:03 -0500
Len Fehskens, engaging in a small combat with Christopher Webber writes:

>I don't know if you're trying to be whimsical or snide, but I said "is"
>not "was", and I meant that the creation of and subsequent interpretation
>of a piece of music is a subjective process.

I'm with you, Len, most of the way but here I'm with moi.  The composition
of music is a subjective process (though often spoiled in its purity
when cribbing's involved); the score is the obective creation of the
foregoing; playing the score is subjective.  Quod erat demonstrandum,
performance is subobjective.

Denis Fodor