From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:38:02 -0800
Simon Crouch ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>...  I do recall hearing a re-construction played on the radio a few
>years back and it struck me that it would not be a difficult reconstruction
>to make, so this one might be Manze's own.  Enough guessing....I'll write
>when I find out the answer.

Thanks.  Peter Williams is the musicologist who (AFAIK) first suggested
that, to quote the BBC radio programme wherein I first heard his
exposition, Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor for organ was probably
not by Bach, not called Toccata and Fugue, not in D minor and not written
for organ.

His talk was followed by Jaap Schroder (I think 'twas he) playing a
reconstruction of the "original".  Still have a tape of that somewhere....

Deryk Barker