From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:07:50 +1100
After reading Dave Runnion and Chris Bonds on the subject, I just had to
check precisely what a frog is in this context, never having heard or seen
the term before.  This led me to the section on bows in The New Grove,
which contains all anyone could reasonably want to know on the subject,
including photos and drawings.

My dictionary tells me that apart from the obvious, there are a number of
other meanings of "frog", none related to music.  It'd be fun to know of
other arcane or familiar words used to describe various bits of different
instruments.

Richard Pennycuick