From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:37:22 -0000
Ralf Oehlmann writes:

>I was surprised to see that Mahler's 9th by Horenstein is not available
>anymore.  Contacting Music & Arts I got the information they still
>have some limited copies in stock ...

In fact, there are persistent rumours that this will eventually appear on
BBC Legends in better sound and I have high hopes.  As far as I know, the
BBC don't have a master tape of this any more and so would have to rely on
a private tape of which, I believe, there is one quite good one out there
other than that used by M & A.  I'm just putting the finishing touches to
my survey of Mahler 9th recordings at the moment (should appear early next
week at the site below) and have been in two minds as to how to deal with
the availability of this one.  I'm grateful for that latest information,
therefore.  You are right.  It is an astonishing performance.

Tony Duggan, England.
My developing Mahler recordings survey:
http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/Mahler/