From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 04:39:35 -0500
Anne Ozorio:

>Tonight I listened to the BBC broadcast of a concert some weeks back in
>the Henze at 75 series.  What impressed me most were the Five Neapolitan
>Songs, performed by the Nash ensemble with Wolfgang Holzmair.  What
>ethereal music!  I've already ordered the CD, only version available
>being DFD. Is there anyone out there with an interest in Henze?

I used to have one.  In fact, I performed several little cantatas by
Henze (don't ask me for the titles) and found them elegant in their sound,
even beautiful, but nothing grabbed me for good.  DGG in the Sixties and
Seventies made Henze their in-house composer, and I bought and heard a lot.
Again, I had the same impression, and, again, very little of it has stuck
with me.  Anything since the Seventies I should listen to?

Steve Schwartz