From:
Patrik Enander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:14:51 +0200
Don wrote:

>I do have a question for Patrik and David.  Do you find Gardiner's
>performances of the Bach cantatas an improvement over the Mass and
>Christmas Oratorio.

I have only heard a few Gardiner cantatas briefly and it was quite some
time ago, so, unfortunately, I can't answer your question.  But if I hear
them in the future I will comment on them.  Right now I'm collecting as
much Herreweghe and Suzuki as I can afford.  I enjoyed their Bach immensly,
especially Herreweghe.  (I must sound like a cracked record!)

Has anyone checked out the on-going Koopman series.  They have recieved
very cautious reviews!  I think it is a big mistake to release them in
boxes of 3 or 4 cd:s.  Bach for the affluent? I for one find them too
expensive, even though Goteborg is known to have the cheapest cd:s in
northen Europe!

Yours.
Patrik