From:
Joe Hagedorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 01:10:15 -0500
David Stewart responds to me:

>Be careful with your choice of words.

No, I'm a careless person.

>>Most of his symphonies are pretty random and repetitive
>
>Now this is not true.  He wrote in very strict classical forms.

Actually, I was trying to paraphrase Schubert's opinion of Beethoven,
but unfortunately I couldn't remember it very well.  I'd like to get the
defence to Schubert's vicious criticism.  Now, if I could only find that
Schubert quote.  I think I read it in the Encyclopaedia Britannica.
Schubert really must of hated Beethoven.

Joe