From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:13:28 -0500
Nate DeMaria wrote:

>I love the Grumiaux recording, a Phillips twofer.  It blew me away the
>first time I heard it, and I continually enjoy it.

There seem to be lots of folks partial to Grumiaux's interpretations.  I
myself have wondered why his work hasn't seemed to get as much mention as
many other violinists.  His Beethoven Concerto is imprinted in my head as
the epitome of grace and gives full credence to this work as "The Queen of
Violin Concertos."

Are there any other Grumiaux recordings that folks here can recommend as
being worthy of seeking out?

Bill H.