From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:13:34 -0500
Scott Morrison wrote:

>There are many American stations that broadcast on the Internet the Met,
>including the intermission features.  I listen to KWAX from the University
>of Oregon.  I'd suggest you try it, or WQED in Pittsburgh.  You can easily
>find their urls via a web-search.

Let me put in a good word for Harvard Radio <www.whrb.org> on the net.
They have an afternoon classical music program from 1 to 6 each day plus
concert programming in the evening.  They also carry the MET and other live
concerts.  Their programming is exciting.  Check out their program guide at
their website!  When reading period (before final exams) starts and right
through till graduation, they will be having their "orgies" ...  extended
programs of the works of a particular composer or performer.  They are not
just classical orgies, so it's a good idea to download and print their
program guide in advance.

(This is an unpaid political announcement.)

Mimi Ezust