From:
Philip Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 06:49:14 -0500
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]> wrote, in part

>...  I picked up this disc in the Sony Glen Gould edition which features
>contemporary piano works ...

He goes on to mention that he had not heard of the contemporary Canadian
composers on the disc.  The disc booklet indeed has very little to say
about Ms.  Pentland and Messrs.  Anhalt, Morawetz and Hetu.

More about all of them can be found in the "Composers' Bios" section of
the Canadian Music Centre website:  http://www.culturenet.ca/cmc/

The Toronto "Globe and Mail" for January 28 has an article about an
upcoming performance of a new opera by Istvan Anhalt, to be given at
the 9th annual Winnipeg New Music Festival (starts Jan 29).  I suggest
anyone interested go to the Globe and Mail home page at:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/ and enter "Anhalt" into the "7-day Search"
box (that's the way I found it).

Joanne and Phil Stevens
Ottawa, Canada