From:
Richard Claeys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:28:52 -0700
Word from Boston is that the archives of Boston Symphony Orchestra
telecasts from the 50s to mid-70s are being licensed for commercial
release on DVDs from Video Artist International.  Initial releases will
include Munch in a Berlioz program, a Barbirolli guest appearance, and
Monteux leading Brahms, Hindemith, and Stravinsky ("Petrouchka").  WGBH
telecasts of performances led by Leinsdorf, Ozawa, and several eminent
guests are expected to follow.

Having seen the Monteux evening on a private videocasette (along
with excerpts of Munch conducting "Symphonie Fantastique"), I'm looking
forward to rekindling the memories of some great evenings at Symphony
Hall, introduced by the dulcet tones of William Pierce.  We're making
a Christmas wish list starting right now.

Dick Claeys
Saratoga, CA