From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:19:31 -0500
Jeff Dunn wrote:

>For me it was three things: hearing Rouse's "Gorgon" again at the Aspen
>Festival in July, ....

Thanks for the memory jog.  On December 14, I attended a National SO
concert here in Washington.  Afterward there was AfterWords, a panel
discussion with Leonard Slatkin and guest performers.  When he opened
the floor to questions, I asked Slatkin if -- in light of the fact that
he had conducted Gorgon in Aspen last summer (and keeping your posting
about that in mind these several months) -- was there any chance of us
seeing Gorgon at the Kennedy Center.

Unfortunately, we will not have that opportunity.  While there will be
a Rouse piece on next season's schedule -- Slatkin did not specify which
one -- it will not be Gorgon.  He said that Gorgon was a piece that works
better at the student level, that it was not the type of piece he would
ask professionals to play.  My wife suggested afterward that Gorgon would
be a perfect piece for an outreach effort, but I don't think that's in
the cards either.

Well, Jeff, I tried.

Mitch Friedfeld