From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:43:20 -0700
Karl posted his collection as a simple list, so I decided to join the
party.  My files can be found at:

    Word doc    http://www.classical.net/classical.doc
    UTF-8 text  http://www.classical.net/classical.txt

Both versions are identical.

Karl wrote:

>... I tried to cut out the familiar repertoire like Beethoven
>Symphonies, etc. unless they featured a somewhat less frequently
>encounter performance.

I made no such attempt.  This is basically a list of how my collection
looked a few months ago.  I'm behind in my data entry.  So, my listing
is basically everything.  I did remove obvious duplicates.  Also, a lot
of detail is missing.  For instance, I have Bach cello suites played on
viola and on double bass.  That isn't indicated here.  Many times I have
version of piano 4-hands and orchestra, for example.  Instrumental
variations are not noted in this list.  All items listed are on commercial
CDs.  My collection is primarily instrumental music after 1600, and
primarily vocal before that date.

>In discussions with Dave...and feel free to correct me...some of these
>lists might be mounted at classical.net and become something we can all
>contribute to.

I've got plenty of space available, so I can make just about anything
available.

>I would also wonder if any other subscribers to the classical list might
>have their holdings listed so they can be viewed.

My listing is going to be boring compared to a listing that includes
broadcast tapes, etc.  But I do think I've found some very obscure CDs
over the last 20+ years, so there may be some things there of interest.

Dave