From:
Henny van der Groep <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:01:55 +0100
Todd wrote:

>The "quqin" or just "qin" (as "gu" means ancient) is a seven-string zither,
>with strings fully exposed over a resonant wood soundboard.  Harmonic
>points are tradtionally marked with pearls, and strokes are modified while
>still on the finger as well as with harmonics in the left hand.  Each note
>is thus richly articulated.

One of the reasons why I like the qin so much is her richness of sound.
You can act out a story with it.  What I can remember it's an instrument
whom requires a lot of craftmanship.  It was played at court.  There are
written certain detective stories with judge Ti (english?) who could play
this difficult instrument.  I remind those stories before I knew the
instrument.  And I even think it's due to those books I know the qin.

Henny van der Groep