From:
"William C. Valles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:41:10 -0400
I have owned the LP version of the Budapest String Quartet recordings
of the Beethoven quartets since the early 1950's.  They were recorded
by Columbia on Columbia ML4576 through ML 4581.  Joseph Roisman and Jac
Gorodetzky were 1st and 2nd violins, Boris Kroyt was the violist and Mischa
Schneider the cellist.

The six quartets in Opus 18 have been re-recorded in CD format by CBS
Masterworks, and I plan to get them so that I can retire my LP's.  But I
cannot be sure about the rest of the set of quartets.  Has CBS reissued
them also? Thanks for the help.

William C. Valles